Gallery / Artwork Submission
New Quarterly Gallery Submission Model
While the ARTgarage has grown both spatially and conceptually, a team of artists, ARTgarage staff, and ARTgarage board members have restructured the payment and submission model for our quarterly gallery exhibits.
These changes are rooted in the following goals:
- To widen our artist reach and grow our artist community
- To Provide quarterly exhibitions that are more curatorial and professional in nature
- To move more towards industry standards that are seen in galleries across the nation
- To be better equipped as a resource for young and emerging artists
- To provide opportunities for growth and connections for artists in all stages of their artistic careers
- To create a gallery model that is financially, socially, and creatively sustainable
The new artwork submission model will officially launch on March 1st with the first show opening in May of 2018.
All work will be submitted and accepted by piece. All work submitted will be reviewed by a collective of artists and creative professionals in the ARTgarage community.
Submission Fees are as follows:
$25 per piece submission
Student rate: $15 per piece submission
(includes high school and college students or recently graduated within two years)
0% commission paid to the ARTgarage on any artwork sales
- This quarter’s work will be displayed and unveiled at the ARTgarage Annual Open House on May 17th, 2018. In addition, an opening reception will be held on Friday, June 1st, 2018. Both events are admission free and open to the public.
- All accepted artwork will receive exposure on the ARTgarage website, social media platforms, and direct email mailings.
- All artists who submit two or more pieces will have access to complementary studio space at the ARTgarage which is available on a day-by-day, first come-first serve basis. More information on how to reserve studio time will be sent to artists after submission.
- We do accept artwork sent in by mail - shipping details will be discussed at the time of acceptance
Artwork Submission Requirements
- Artwork will be submitted and accepted by piece.
- All work submitted will be reviewed by a collective of artists and creative professionals in the ARTgarage community.
- The following form is structured for the submission of one piece only. If planning to submit more than one piece for the upcoming gallery quarter, please complete this form as many times as necessary.
Artists are asked to send 1-3 high resolution jpeg images of their submission to email@example.com
- Please include an Artist’s Biography/Resume and/or Artist Statement.
Artists bringing work for installation that was not juried, will not be accepted. Artists that fail to comply will be asked to leave the exhibit and submission fees are non-refundable.
Media Accepted for Review
Painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, digital, printmaking and relief printing, fiber arts, ceramics, glass, stone/metalwork, wood and mixed media are eligible for review in the gallery.
For inquiries regarding large scale installations, please contact Courtney Maye at firstname.lastname@example.org
All work must be designed and made by the submitting artist. Collaborative pieces involving the efforts of 2 or more artists must be noted as such upon submission.
All two-dimensional work must be framed or have a minimum depth of 1.5" gallery wrapped sides and have appropriate hardware ready for hanging.
Artwork Review Standards
Artwork evaluations are guided by several criteria including: basic art design, technical skill, creative statement, and exhibit impact. All decisions on quarterly acceptance are final.
- For work to be considered, all submissions must be received no later than April 1, 2018.
- The upcoming quarter will run from May 17 - July 31, 2018.
- Artists will be notified of piece acceptance by April 17, 2018.
- Artwork will be dropped off between April 18 and April 28, 2018.
- If certain pieces are not accepted into this quarter’s exhibit, artists are encouraged to submit other works for upcoming gallery quarters.
Statement from the ARTgarage on Art and Freedom of Expression:
The ARTgarage accepts and displays visual artwork regardless of subject matter. We realize that some artwork may be controversial or offensive to some, but we stand by all people’s freedom to express their worldviews through cultural and creative avenues. The visual, performing, and literary arts are some of the world’s strongest and most effective instruments of personal and collective freedom. The ARTgarage is in an influential and pivotal position through its opportunity to provide a platform to all artists, issues, and subject matter. We will not discriminate and are open to all perspectives, cultures, minorities, faith based organizations, etc. With public support, all involved in our local arts community can actively support a free and democratic creative culture.
We are also a community arts organization which recognizes the rights of our community members to choose whether or not to expose themselves or their loved ones to certain artwork, exhibits, and performances. When appropriate, the ARTgarage will give advance notice on our website or on a sign within our facility notifying you of the exhibition of artwork with potentially controversial content.