Seasonal Exhibition - Submissions
Call for the 2018 Fall Exhibition of Fine Art - August-October
Not thematic in concept or medium, the ARTgarage seasonal exhibitions provide a rotating display of exceptionally diverse fine art - showcasing local artists as well as introducing the Greater Green Bay area to artists throughout the MidWest and the Nation. The ARTgarage is excited to invite artists across the USA to participate in this upcoming show in a Midwest city bursting with rich history and creative momentum.
All work will be submitted and accepted by piece. All work submitted will be reviewed by a collective of artists and creative professionals in the ARTgarage community.
All fine art mediums and genres are considered, regardless of the artist’s geographic location. Maximum of 10 submissions per artist/collaborative group
- Add to your cart above $25 per piece submission
- Or the student rate of $15 per piece submission - Includes high school, college students or recently graduated within 2 years
- Artwork cannot be considered until the submission dues are paid
- We do accept artwork sent in by mail - shipping details will be discussed at the time of acceptance
Submission Requirements: Once you have paid your submission fees above CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- Send a high resolution jpeg image of each image along with
- The title
- Sale price or if Not For Sale
- Artwork description
- Artist statement about each piece
- Artist Biography or Resume
- For work to be considered, all submissions must be received no later than July 16th
- Show Dates: Aug 7th-Oct 26th
- Reception on Friday, August 10th from 6pm-9pm
Artwork Review Standards:
- All work submitted will be reviewed by a collective of artists and creative professionals in the ARTgarage community.
- Artwork evaluations are guided by several criteria including: basic art design, technical skill, creative statement, and exhibit impact. All decisions on quarterly acceptance are final.
- All accepted artwork will receive exposure on the ARTgarage website, social media platforms, and direct email mailings.
- All artists who submit two or more pieces will have access to complementary studio space at the ARTgarage which is available on a day-by-day, first come-first serve basis. More information on how to reserve studio time will be sent to artists after submission.
- Artists bringing work for installation that was not juried, will not be accepted. Artists that fail to comply will be asked to leave the exhibit and submission fees are non-refundable.
Media Accepted for Review:
Painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, digital, printmaking and relief printing, fiber arts, ceramics, glass, stone/metalwork, wood and mixed media are eligible for review in the gallery.
All work must be designed and made by the submitting artist. Collaborative pieces involving the efforts of 2 or more artists must be noted as such upon submission.
All two-dimensional work must be framed or have a minimum depth of 1.5" gallery wrapped sides and have appropriate hardware ready for hanging.
The ARTgarage will take a 0% commission of any sales.
If you have any additional questions or for inquiries regarding large scale installations, please contact Courtney Maye at email@example.com
Statement from the ARTgarage on Art and Freedom of Expression:
The ARTgarage accepts and displays visual artwork regardless of subject matter. We realize that some artwork may be controversial or offensive to some, but we stand by all people’s freedom to express their worldviews through cultural and creative avenues. The visual, performing, and literary arts are some of the world’s strongest and most effective instruments of personal and collective freedom. The ARTgarage is in an influential and pivotal position through its opportunity to provide a platform to all artists, issues, and subject matter. We will actively work to lift the creative voices of people of color, those practicing faith in the religious minority, and artists from all ethnic and cultural backgrounds. With public support, all involved in our local arts community can actively support a free and democratic creative culture.
We are also a community arts organization which recognizes the rights of our community members to choose whether or not to expose themselves or their loved ones to certain artwork, exhibits, and performances. When appropriate, the ARTgarage will give advance notice on our website or on a sign within our facility notifying you of the exhibition of artwork with potentially controversial content.