Gallery / Artwork Submission
Call for Submissions
Show Dates: May 17th - July 31st
One of our goals at the ARTgarage is to highlight visual artists as the community assets they are. We are proud to provide an environment that fosters the career growth of artists of all mediums, skill sets, career stages, and backgrounds.
The ARTgarage is open 5 days a week and holds artist receptions, classes, as well as both private and public events that bring thousands of people through our gallery each year. We operate within 55,000 square feet of our historic arts complex and have housed the creative work of hundreds of visual, performing, and literary artists.
Every artist that displays in our gallery will gain the opportunity to involve themselves with the patrons, visitors, and artists that frequent our facility and are a part of our arts community. Every artist who displays at the ARTgarage, will in turn help us drive Wisconsin’s creative economy, cultural growth, and the celebration of the role art plays in all of our lives.
Submission Fees and Standards are as follows:
The ARTgarage curates quarterly exhibitions that showcase the innovative and trailblazing artists of Wisconsin, the Midwest and Worldwide.
All work will be submitted and accepted by piece. All work submitted will be reviewed by a collective of artists and creative professionals in the ARTgarage community.
All fine art mediums and genres are considered, regardless of the artist’s geographic location. Maximum of 10 submissions per artist/collaborative group
$25 per piece submission
Student rate: $15 per piece submission
(includes high school and college students or recently graduated within two years)
0% commission paid to the ARTgarage on any artwork sales
Artwork cannot be considered until submission dues are paid
- This quarter’s work will be displayed and unveiled at the ARTgarage Annual Open House on May 17th, 2018. In addition, an opening reception will be held on Friday, June 1st, 2018. Both events are admission free and open to the public.
- All accepted artwork will receive exposure on the ARTgarage website, social media platforms, and direct email mailings.
- All artists who submit two or more pieces will have access to complementary studio space at the ARTgarage which is available on a day-by-day, first come-first serve basis. More information on how to reserve studio time will be sent to artists after submission.
- We do accept artwork sent in by mail - shipping details will be discussed at the time of acceptance
Artwork Submission Requirements
- Artwork will be submitted and accepted by piece.
- All work submitted will be reviewed by a collective of artists and creative professionals in the ARTgarage community.
- The $25/$15 submission fee is applied to one piece only. If submitting more than one piece for review, please submit the appropriate payments.
Artists are asked to send 1-3 high resolution jpeg images of their submission along with dimensions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include an Artist’s Biography/Resume and/or Artist Statement in the above email.
Artists bringing work for installation that was not juried, will not be accepted. Artists that fail to comply will be asked to leave the exhibit and submission fees are non-refundable.
Media Accepted for Review
Painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, digital, printmaking and relief printing, fiber arts, ceramics, glass, stone/metalwork, wood and mixed media are eligible for review in the gallery.
For inquiries regarding large scale installations, please contact Courtney Maye at email@example.com
All work must be designed and made by the submitting artist. Collaborative pieces involving the efforts of 2 or more artists must be noted as such upon submission.
All two-dimensional work must be framed or have a minimum depth of 1.5" gallery wrapped sides and have appropriate hardware ready for hanging.
Artwork Review Standards
Artwork evaluations are guided by several criteria including: basic art design, technical skill, creative statement, and exhibit impact. All decisions on quarterly acceptance are final.
- For work to be considered, all submissions must be received no later than April 1, 2018. Deadline has been extended until April 27th.
- The upcoming quarter will run from May 17 - July 31, 2018.
- If certain pieces are not accepted into this quarter’s exhibit, artists are encouraged to submit other works for upcoming gallery quarters.
Statement from the ARTgarage on Art and Freedom of Expression:
The ARTgarage accepts and displays visual artwork regardless of subject matter. We realize that some artwork may be controversial or offensive to some, but we stand by all people’s freedom to express their worldviews through cultural and creative avenues. The visual, performing, and literary arts are some of the world’s strongest and most effective instruments of personal and collective freedom. The ARTgarage is in an influential and pivotal position through its opportunity to provide a platform to all artists, issues, and subject matter. We will not discriminate and are open to all perspectives, cultures, minorities, faith based organizations, etc. With public support, all involved in our local arts community can actively support a free and democratic creative culture.
We are also a community arts organization which recognizes the rights of our community members to choose whether or not to expose themselves or their loved ones to certain artwork, exhibits, and performances. When appropriate, the ARTgarage will give advance notice on our website or on a sign within our facility notifying you of the exhibition of artwork with potentially controversial content.