VIRTUAL Mixed Media - Beyond the Basics (FEB 19)
VIRTUAL MIXED MEDIA - BEYOND THE BASICS
with Jane Hostetler
February 19 & 26, 2021 (2 sessions)
Time: Friday Mornings @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cost: $65 (supplies NOT included) per person
Capacity: 4 - 10 people
Mix up your favorite medium, explore some new techniques, push your personal artistic boundaries. This is a non-intimidating class that aims to give the artist with some experience the opportunity to explore, learn, and put a new twist on mediums as they work together. Watercolor, acrylic, ink, graphite, and some collage will be explored.
Workshop supplies are NOT included with the registration fee. Students are required to purchase supplies for this workshop, supplies listed below.
Virtual details will be sent out the morning of the workshop.
• Variety of acrylic, primary colors plus black and white
• Basic watercolor paints (kids pan paints fine for this if you don’t have professional)
• Fine Tips Black Sharpie and a Drawing Pencil or two
• Several small, medium, and large flat brushes
• Two or more surfaces, 1 flat 9x12 canvas or hardboard, several sheets watercolor paper 9X12
• Old plastic membership/credit cards
• Odds and ends for printing such as; bubble wrap, lids, corks, anything with texture
• Small spray water bottle, fine mist
• Printed napkins
• Mod Podge or Liquitex Matte Medium
My professional history is rooted in design. Beginning with a BFA in Design, I spent the first part of my career in Graphic Design. Later, I chose to teach while developing my studio work, which led to my decision to earn a Master of Arts Degree in Visual Studies. At present, I teach various Studio Art courses in the Green Bay/Fox Valley area. Currently, my studio is based in De Pere WI, where I strive to produce an ongoing variety of original and commission works. My current collection of work can be viewed at: bluedoorartworks.com
At present, my work is shown at Blue Door Artworks in De Pere WI and Richeson Gallery/Appleton WI, with previous gallery installations at The Redline Gallery/Milwaukee WI, The Northwestern Mutual Gallery/Milwaukee WI, Alfons Gallery/Milwaukee WI, Langdon Divers Gallery/Fond du lac, WI, The Trout Museum of Art/Appleton WI, The Art Garage/Green Bay WI, The Neville Museum/Green Bay WI, Artless Bastard/De Pere WI, The Foster Gallery/Eau Claire WI, and Northeast Wisconsin Technical College open space.